Undergraduage Advising Contacts
- Pre-majors, minors, and French majors (already declared)
- Choice/Declaration of the French B.A. or B.S. major
- French study abroad (including pre-departure agreements)
- French major planning
- French minor planning and declaration
Please use my drop-in hours (versus a half-hour appointment slot) for
- minor information and declaration
- audit substitutions
- other issues that can be addressed in 10-15 minutes
- Mondays and Fridays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
* To check for any changes to my regular drop-in schedule, you can view my drop-in times for the next day or two under the “Services” tab in Starfish. After you click the Services tab, enter “Chaszar” in the Search bar on the far right of the screen and hit “Go”. On the search results page, click on the “Members” tab to view my information, including upcoming drop-in hours.
Please make an appointment if you need help with
- your next semester schedule (language pre-majors and majors)
- concurrent major planning (feasibility, courses needed)
- academic difficulty
- Faculty Senate petitions (retroactive withdrawal or registration, etc.)
You may schedule an appointment through the following website: http://www.la.psu.edu/advising-appt/
Go to the “Services” tab, enter “Chaszar” in the Search bar on the far right of the screen and hit “Go”. On the search results page, click on the “Members” tab to view my information. Above my office hours you will see a link for scheduling an appointment.
Note: You will need to set up your appointment at least two days in advance. When filling in an appointment request, please state your major/minor and the purpose of the appointment.
Associate Professor of French and Linguistics Director of Undergraduate Studies
- orientation to various French major options
- declaration of French B.A. or B.S. major
- discussion of career opportunities
Senior Lecturer in French and French Basic Language Program Coordinator
- study abroad advising for French major/minor
- pre-departure agreements
- course substitutions for overseas classes